Supporting Agencies

Who can we turn to for support?
Sometimes, we all need some extra support to keep ourselves mentally healthy.

There are local and national groups available to support you and your family when those tricky moments arise.
Early Help

In Devon, the early help system is made up of different agencies working together to enable families to manage their own dilemmas and solve their own problems, making whatever changes are necessary to secure the well-being of their children.
 Kooth is an award winning online counselling service helping those aged between 11-18 years old with any troubles they may have.

They provide an anonymous and confidential service using a mix of counselling, support and advice on a drop in, out of hours and structured sessions.

The website itself contains the following:

  • Message forums – get support from other young people
  • Self help tools
  • Messaging – online instant messaging service with a Kooth worker
  • Online magazine – read articles written by others and contribute yourself!
  • Games, blogs and more…

Aimed at helping with a range of topic including:

  • Relationships
  • Bullying
  • Eating disorders
  • Self-harm
  • General health

All counsellors are trained, qualified and used to working with the age group using the service.

You can talk to Childine about anything. No problem is too big or too small.

Call them free on 0800 1111 or get in touch online. However you choose to contact us, you’re in control. It’s confidential and you don’t have to give your name if you don’t want to.
Devon’s new EH4MH service aims to improve access to mental health support.
Their aim is to improve access to direct support for young people.
Another key aim is to provide DCC school staff with regular access to psycho-education in various forms, including mental health consultation, clinical supervision and training.
Young Devon has been helping young people across the county since 1949.  Our experienced teams offer confidential help and advice to young people and their parents and carers across a range of issues.  So if you need some help or just want to talk to someone who can give you impartial advice; we are here to help.